One of the best ways to increase your customer retention rates is to simply over deliver whenever possible. Giving your customer more than they were expecting is a great way to keep them returning to your store or website.
Who doesn’t like to receive more than they had bargained for?
So how can you over deliver to your customers as often as possible? There are several ways you can do this, here are some great ideas to get you started.
- Give your customer a bonus, this could be a sample product, access to a coaching call or access to a private mastermind.
- Offer you customer a coupon for a discount on their next purchase. This also helps to get your customers visiting your store again. You don’t have to stop at just offering a discount. You may like to offer a free sample, a consultation or a buy one get one free type of deal.
- If you offer a service the best way to over deliver is to get the project finished ahead of time. Beating deadlines is a wonderful way to add value to your own offers and gain lifelong customers.
- Small gestures can go a long way in gaining appreciative customers. Sending a hand written thank you note in the mail is one way to achieve this. Other small gestures include sending birthday and anniversary cards out. Remember you can come up with your own anniversary ideas too.
- Why not set up something such as a Customer of the Month or Customer Shout Out. Here you would thank your customer or highlight something they did that you appreciated.
Don’t forget to celebrate with your clients and customers and even fellow business owners. If they win a new contract or make a significant improvement in their business send them a small gift.
This says to them that you are noticing what they are doing and are paying attention to them.
Another fantastic way to over deliver to your present customers is to network with other business owners. What you want to do here is to refer local businesses that offer quality services and products, which you do not carry. This allows you to create a rolodex of resources for your customers. Always ensure that you have taken the time to check out these sources, your reputation is hanging on it.
You don’t want to recommend a bad resource or product to anyone.
Actually caring about your audience makes the difference – Wheter automated or not, everyone likes a pad on the shoulder… Don’t you? 😉
Here’s our question for you:
What do you like to “over deliver” with? What makes an impression and are you able to convert that impression to another sale perhaps? Let us know below!